POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : About PovRay 4 : Re: About PovRay 4 Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: About PovRay 4
From: Jim Charter
Date: 17 Dec 2003 11:32:29
Message: <3fe0851d@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:

> it is invaluable when teaching vector calculus.  And I've hardly begun to
> scratch the surface of the mathematical teaching applications,

The potential here, always tantalizes.  I studied vectors in my fifth
year of highschool.  If you wanted to go to university in those days you
had to take five years of highschool.  It was a fairly tedious year for
young men and women anxious to enter the world and I think that math
would have been a lot more vivid to me if I'd had something like POV to
play with.  But I admit I don't have any specific ideas about how to
incorporate POV with teaching.  Any attempts I have made to interest
highschool math teachers I know have not lead to much interest.  I would
be interested to know what you are doing.